Thursday, October 4, 2007

::Ginger::


she got sick this week and when I took her to the vet I was a mess. hadn't slept, had been crying for a while (even through our morning hike). ever the worrier, i was convinced that she had cancer. "you alright?" the vet asked me. what kind of question is that. this was a new vet, so she had no way of knowing that the 14 year old dog on her examining table was the best dog in the world. or that on my many trips to and fro in the US for internships and jobs, i'd always taken the dog, my car, my cameras, and very little else. or that this dog had actually jumped through a window to protect our house in santa fe. or that this dog was the best roommate a girl could ask for. we've got a follow up appointment on monday, maybe upon second meeting the vet will get the picture.

No comments: